Tuesday, January 25, 2011

*CAUTION*:

YOU MAY FEEL SLIGHTLY (OR TOTALLY JEALOUS) OF THE CONTENT YOU'RE ABOUT TO READ.

This story is like a fairy tale. It sounds too good to be true, but it's 100% true.

A little over a month before I left, Casey (the awesome boy in charge of this operation) sent me an email including confirmation, itinerary, and travel dates. News to me, but I was going to California over Martin Luther King Jr. weekend! WOOOO FREAKIN HOOO! Although, you know how everyone in the news always tells you "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"? I was definitely thinking it was one of those..so I tried to keep my excitement to a minimum in case someone hacked Casey's account and pulled one on me. As January 14 (my expected departure day) drew nearer I got more excited to go to California! And big surprise to me, the night before I was able to print out my boarding passes, this is REAL! I talked to Casey for hours about what to pack and basically screamed every few seconds in excitement.

On January 14th I left yucky inversion-y, snowy, bitter cold Utah for sunny amazing California! The whole airport thing was so exciting and liberating. This was my first time traveling completely solo, but it was SO fun..other than I had to carry my crap everywhere! Usually my family is there and I can leave it with them while I grab a Cinnabun, not today! Anyway, I finally got settled in a seat and waited for my plane. I kept seeing tiny planes flying around hoping that wasn't mine. I mean these planes were tiny, toys practically. I have an irrational fear of small planes. I know that is judgmental and probably mean, but I do not care. I was scared the whole time! Look at this thing:


Lucky for me, I sat next to a [skinny!] woman who lives in San Jose. We talked about Utah (she was up for business) and San Jose/San Francisco then I read Grapes of Wrath because hottie econ professor said so. Oh I haven't told you about hottie econ professor? Stay tuned. He's a hottie and he teaches my econ class. Awww:) Before I knew it I had landed..into basically the FARTHEST possible terminal from baggage claim. After a zillion mile walk I approach the escalators where I see casedem for the first time in nearly 3 years. 3 years people! This child is one of my nearest and dearest friends, and I haven't seen him in 3 years! It was probably quite obnoxious to stander-bys but oh well. I missed my casedem. The best part is he made a sign that said "jiffy" on his phone and held it up, made me laugh. So typical Casey!

We grab my bags, go to the hotel then head for dinner at a yummy local restaurant. Bomb mexican food! Then we go to the Northridge Mall, where I lived a fairy tale. Anything I TOUCHED Casey bought for me. It was literally incredible.


After the shopping spree, which did I mention was magical?, we went to see The Green Hornet in 3D. I had never heard of this movie and I was extremely tired from the flight and all that, so I was less than thrilled, but I'm glad we went, because it was hilarious and awesome!


Oh. Did I mention less than an hour of being in California and I visited the nearest Hot Dog? AAAAAAAAAH I love my job.


Day 2 of Sunny California started off with a little fun by the pool!



And then next a pedicure, because those toes (see above) are nast! We went to a nail bar. Yup, a bar, but for your nails! It was super cool and the pedicures were CRAZY amazing! Next up, SAN FRANCISCO!
We drove across the Bay Bridge to get to The Bay


Then we went to China Town which was disgusting. There were dead ducks hanging from every market and it smelled like yucky fish and no one washes their hands. I just hated everything about it, except that the end of it led to Fisherman's Wharf!



Then me and Casey "got some" at Wipeout, this delicious bar and grill. The service sucked!! but we got to eat outside and it was nice.

Can you believe I'm wearing SUNGLASSES in JANUARY!? I love this place.

That night we went to Happy Hour at our hotel, where they make their drinks STRONG! I'm talking 2 drops of cranberry juice to a bunch of Vodka. It tasted like hairspray and I wouldn't have it so we went to Wendy's and rented movies from Redbox.

The last day we went to the city Casey lives in, Monterey. It was BEAUTIFUL!
We ate lunch on the OCEAN! aaaah loved it.

We also went to the aquarium there which is apparently one of the best in the world.




I touched a starfish!

It looks like seaweed, but don't worry it's a dang seahorse! All of the sudden, my blog is educational:)

Later that day we went to Asilomar Beach, just as the sun was setting



Then we went to another mall:) So I could see this:
and I DID buy a Cinderella play set while I was there. AAh. love. my. life.

Then Monday, I came home. My flight didn't leave until 4 so we had most of the day to hang out. We went to the Gilroy outlets, which are HUGE. Casey bought me so much stuff that we had to buy a big duffel bag to carry all my new stuff home!

It was the best weekend of my entire life! It didn't even feel like January because it was so warm! It was a weekend of no money, no stress, shopping, and laughter. AAAH I love casedem and am SO glad I got to visit him.

About sums up our weekend:)

5 comments:

  1. Good thing you had that caution sign because I am totally jealous ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty sure "Lacy Demming" is gonna happen... just sayimn ;-)

    LoVe this... i wanna see the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who is this casey guy??? You are one lucky layday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can he afford to buy you anything!?! Is he loaded? Or are his parents loaded? That sounds like a dream! SO fun. But I'm so curious.

    ReplyDelete