Oh hey. Two new souls are in this world because of me. Well and Jesus and their cute mom's who carried them around, grew them, fed them, oxygenated them, you know. But when it came down to birthday all me (and the doctor, and real nurse). Childbirth is crazy cool, but I don't think I E V E R want to do it. I watched my first epidural be placed and lets just say it was a good thing the women's back was towards me. My face was straight up freaking out. I have 3 weeks left of my maternity rotation, then spring break then peds. Um, ok FLEW BY!
I was asked to speak at the board of trustee's meeting today. It was a real fancy pants meeting unlike one I have ever been to (I even curled my hair!). Everyone was wearing suits and had Mac computers or iPhones. They were constantly typing on them. *Side note, since when do Apple products make you seem more professional? I prepared a legitimate speech with an attention getter, introduction, conclusion, and everything. James Hedges would be proud! I think it went really well. I don't know if you know this or not but the board of trustees are the rich guys (and gals). It's real important they remember 'Lacy Allred' come scholarship-choosing time. One man approached me after the meeting about a scholarship. A very LARGE scholarship so lets hope that pans out, eh? I would LOVE some good news this year. I told him to remember Lacy and ran off to class.
January was a flipping mess. It's like it flew by but at the same time I feel like a year has passed. This whole situation with my dad has been dramatic, stupid, and stressful. We no longer speak and I couldn't be happier. That's all I will say about that until things are final but please please pray for my mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment